In light of the recent cuts to hate crime prevention services across London we have submitted a Freedom of Information request to every borough council in London and the City of London Corporation. We should receive replies in the next 20 days.
Dear London Borough Council,
We are submitting this Freedom of Information request to every council in London.
Please can you provide information about what the council is doing to tackle hate crime in your borough;
1.Hate Crime Policy
- (a) Is Hate Crime included in the Councils current Community Safety Plan?
- (b) Does the council have a current separate Hate Crime Action Plan?
- (c) Can you provide PDF copies of these documents
- (d) If no current plans are available – what date did the last plan end?
2. Hate Crime Staff
- (a) Who is the Council’s hate crime lead?
- (b) Does the council have a designated Hate Crime Prevention Officer (or similar position?)
3. Hate Crime Reporting
- (a) Does the council facilitate hate crime reporting in the borough?
- (b) If so which hate crime reporting methods are supported?
4. Hate Crime Resources
- (a) Does the council have a designated hate crime information page on it’s website?
- (b) If so what is it’s URL?
- (c) Does the council have an on-line hate crime reporting form?
- (e) If so what is it’s URL?
- (f) Does the council have any physical resources? Posters, Leaflets, cards, or other materials?
- (h) If so can you provide us with pdf copies of them?
5.Hate Crime Advocacy
- (a) Does the council provide direct hate crime advocacy to people affected by hate crime?
- (b) If so how many Hate Crime Advocates does the council employ?
- (c) Does the council refer people affected by hate crime to external Hate Crime Advocates
- (d) If so please list the organisations that the council refers to.
6. Hate Crime Funding
- (a) How much did the council spend tackling hate crime in 2014/15?
- (b) How much did the council spend tackling hate crime in 2015/16
- (c) What is the budget for tackling hate crime in 2016/17?
- (d) Can you provide a list of organisations the council currently provides funding to tackle hate crime in the borough?
7. Working with Communities affected by Hate Crime
- (a) Does the council facilitate a local Borough Hate Crime Forum?
- (b) If so how often does it meet?
- (c) Which local authorities are presented on the forum?
- (d) Which voluntary sector organisations are represented on the forum?
8. National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW 8th-15th October
- (a) Did the Council participate in #NHCAW last year?
- (b) If so what did the council do?
- (c) is the council participating in #NHCAW this year?
- (d) if so what is the council doing?