The Mayor is currently conducting a 12 week consultation on their draft Policing and Crime Plan, starting on 1st December and ending on the 2nd March 2017. The final plan will be published the end of March 2017.
Of particular interest is pages 54 to 57 which cover “Standing Together against extremism, hatred and intolerance”
This includes the proposed commitments to;
- Work with MPS and CPS to take a zero tolerance approach against hate crime.
- Support the work of TfL, MPS Roads and Transport Policing Command, the British Transport Police and City of London Police to tackle hate crime on public transport to ensure London’s transport system is a safe and welcoming environment for all those who wish to use it.
- Roll out the Hate Crime Victims’ Advocates service across London, following a pilot scheme in Hackney and Westminster.
- Launch an Online Hate Crime Hub to provide a dedicated policing response to online offences.
- Ensure that the approach to safeguarding against radicalisation is in line with our city-wide approach to social integration.
- Work with the Deputy Mayor for Social Integration to support community cohesion and resilience
Email email@example.com more details on the Mayor’s website here.