We are working on the idea of launching a /hatecrime campaign to encourage organisations to set up hate crime information pages on their websites.
The idea is simple – when someone enters a url address followed by /hatecrime they will be directed to the websites hate crime information page.
Ideally this page will include;
- A basic definition of hate crime
- Details how to report hate crime
- Links to hate crime advice and support services
Organisations could also include more information about what they are doing to tackle hate crime, including;
- Details of key staff to contact
- Links to hate crime policies
- Other relevant information
It should be fairly simple for web designers and bloggers to set up these pages.