This page provides a directory of conversations taking place within the UK Hate Crime Network Group on LinkedIn. It is a copy of information shared in the 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign WordPress site here.
To access these conversations you will need;
- to have a LinkedIn profile,
- to be a member of the UK Hate Crime Network Group on LinkedIn.
The UK Hate Crime Network Group has been set up to enable people working across the hate crime sector to link up with each other and provide a platform to share ideas and information on how we can work together.
The group is administrated by the 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign.
You can contact the 17-24-30 by email email@example.com
Simply like or comment on a conversation on LinkedIn and you will receive direct updates when anyone else participates in that particular conversation.
Click on the links listed below to go directly to the specific conversations they are attached to.
Remember – please do not share personal contact information (no telephone numbers and no addresses) without the express permission of their owner. Only share information which is already in the public domain (i.e. website addresses, social media links and profiles). This is not a forum to share case information. Data protection applies to everything you post.
Key articles about the UK Hate Crime Network Group to read.
There are articles or conversations about the UK Hate Crime Network group.
- Welcome to the UK Hate Crime Network
- An Introduction to the UK Hate Crime Network Group project
- UK Hate Crime Network – Directory of Conversations
Terms of Reference
This is a conversation about developing our terms of reference.
Reporting Hate Crime
This conversation provides information about the variety of reporting options open to people who wish to report hate crime.
In an emergency always contact the Police by calling 999 or 101 if it is not an emergency.
United Kingdom Regions
Help us map out where groups, organisations and services are located around the UK by commenting with their basic social media details on the relevant regional conversation thread.
For example the London Hate Crime Blog operates in London so a link to the blog has been added in a comment to the London Region conversation. Click or comment on a Regional conversation if you want to receive updates as they are posted.
- Networking Hate Crime Groups, Organisations and Services in England (9 regions)
- Networking Hate Crime Groups, Organisations and Services in Northern Ireland
- Networking Hate Crime Groups, Organisations and Services in Wales
- Networking Hate Crime Groups. Organisations and Services in Scotland
This conversation is for updates about what is happening in the European Union.
Hate Crime Strands
Help us map out groups, organisations and services catering for specific hate crime strands by commenting with their basic social media details on the relevant hate crime strand conversation thread.
For example the Inclusion London focuses on Disability Hate Crime so I have commented on that conversation with their details. Click or comment on the Hate Crime Strand conversations you work in, or want to follow.
- Disability Hate Crime – groups and organisations
- Faith Hate Crime – groups and organisations
- Gender Identity Hate Crime – groups and organisations
- Race Hate Crime – groups and organisations
- Sexual Orientation Hate Crime – groups and organisations
- Other Hate Crime – groups and organisations
Hate Crime Social Media Profiles
If you want us to follow your Facebook group/page or Twitter profile comment with a link to your social media profile on the relevant conversation threads below.
- Hate Crime Facebook Profiles
- Hate Crime LinkedIn Profiles (Companys and Groups only)
- Hate Crime Twitter Profiles
- Hate Crime YouTube Channels
Hate Crime Information, News and Research Updates
This section of conversations covers key issues within the sector.
- Countering online hate speech
- Developing a National Equality / Community Calendar
- Hate Crime Statistics
- Hate Crime Surveys
- Hate Crime in the News
- Mapping the Hate Crime Sector
- Sharing Links to Hate Crime Policy Documents
- Sharing Links to Hate Crime Trainning
- Sharing Links to Hate Crime Volunteer Schemes
Key Annual Equality / Community events
This section of conversations covers key events within the sector and communities affected by hate crime that we work with (more events to be added in due course).
- January – Holocaust Memorial Day
- February – LGBT History Month
- April – April Acts of Remembrance #AAR
- May – International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia #IDAHO #IDAHOT #IDAHOBIT
- June – Pride Season
- October – Black History Month UK
- October – National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW
- November – Trans Day of Remembrance #TDOR
UK Government, Departments, Opposition & Political Parties
- Prime Minister’s Office 10 Downing Street
- Home Office
- Crown Prosecution Service CPS
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ministry of Justice MOJ
- Conservative Party
- Green Party
- Labour Party
- Liberal Democrats
- Plaid Cymru
- Scottish National Party SNP
- United Kingdom Independence Party UKIP
UK Police Services
This section of conversations cover’s Police Services and organisations in the UK.
- Barking and Dagenham Council
- Barnet Council
- Bexley Council
- Brent Council
- Bromley Council
- Camden Council
- City of London
- Croydon Council
- Ealing Council
- Enfield Council
- Greenwich Council
- Hackney Council
- Hammersmith & Fulham Council
- Haringey Council
- Harrow Council
- Havering Council
- Hillingdon Council
- Hounslow Council
- Islington Council
- Kensington and Chelsea Council
- Kingston upon Thames Council
- Lambeth Council
- Merton Council
- Newham Council
- Redbridge Council
- Richmond Upon Thames Council
- Southwark Council
- Sutton Council
- Tower Hamlet’s Council
- Waltham Forest Council
- Wandsworth Council
- Westminster Council
This section of conversations covers key partners and organisations within the hate crime sector.
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign
- Community Security Trust CST
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Hope Not Hate
- Inclusion London
- LGBT Consortium
- Mayors Office Policing and Crime MOAPC
- Race on the Agenda ROTA
- Sophie Lancaster Foundation
- Stonewall Housing
- Stop Hate UK
- Tell Mama
- The Monitoring Group
- The Traveller Movement
- True Vision
- Victim Support
WE STAND TOGETHER WITH…
- 14/07/2016 – We Stand Together with France and all those affected by acts of hatred around the world.
- 12/06.2016 – We Stand Together with Orlando and all those affected by acts of hatred around the world.
Other articles and links shared within the group
This section of conversations provides links to single conversation posts that have been shared on the UK Hate Crime Network Group wall but which are not part of an on-going organised conversation thread (in some cases they may be cross posted to organised conversation threads where relevant).
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign WordPress site gets a face lift
- An important message about hate crime from Sophie Linden Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime #NoPlaceForHate London
- CATCH – Community Alliance to Combat Hate
- Check out the London Hate Crime Blog created by 172430 No To Hate Crime Campaign #NoPlaceForHate
- Countdown to National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW an updated from 172430 No to Hate Crime newsletter
- Crime Stats “are a wake-up call” on link between “demonization” and targeted violence
- Diagram showing global hate crime sector
- Disability Hate Crime Network
- Don’t Suffer in Silence – if you experience hate crime – report it.
- Excellent Start
- Free and confidential support available to LGBT people affected by hate crime
- Great to meet Mayor of London again at Pride in London #WeStandTogether #NoPlaceForHate #SafePlaceForAll #LoveWins
- Hate Crime Conference by HEAR Charities Together Against Hate Crime
- Hate Crime initiative sees police reports leap by 500 per cent
- HEAR – Charities challenging Hate Crime
- I am me Scotland
- Inclusion London – Hate crime information
- National LGBT Hate Crime Partnership
- Loving this new Mayor of London #WeStandTogether with all communities affected by hate #NoPlaceForHate
- Met Police Hate Crime Stats 2011-2015 revealed by Evening Standard Freedom of Information Request
- National LGBT Hate Crime Partnership
- New Mayor of London Sadiq Khan takes clear stance on hate crime – flying rainbow flag at City Hall for IDAHOBIT
- Next UK Prime Minister will be Theresa May or Andrea Leadsom MP – where do they stand on hate crime? #NoPlaceForHate UK
- Organising anti-hate crime awareness raising events in the UK? Get them on our #NHCAW map!
- Orlando – Statements shared on behalf of Lambeth MPS Met Police Pride in London Lambeth LGBT #NoPlaceForHate
- Pick a thumbnail, a header or a badge – #WeStandTogether #NoPlaceForHate ‘#SafePlaceForAll #NHCAW 8th-15th Oct 2016
- Police and Crime Commisoners Election Results 2016
- Stay calm and say no to hate – hate in not a British value!
- Summer fundraising campaign to support teh work of 172430 No To Hate #WeStandTogether ~NoPLaceForHate #NHCAW Campaign
- The London LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership DAP
- The PRISM PROJECT – tackling hate speech
- The Pyramid of Hate
- #WeStandTogether with Orlando & American Ambassador USA Matthew Barzun #NoPlaceForHate #SafePlaceForAll #LoveWins
- “What British Muslims Really think” – inflammatory? Islamophobic?